Communications Specialist (part-time)
Director, Partnerships & Programs
You are dynamic and versatile mid-level communications professional who’s got all the bases covered: communications strategy and execution, writing for many audiences and channels, digital skills, media and government relations and graphic design. You are an efficient, independent thinker who loves variety and thrives in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment. You are curious about health innovation and want to be part of a small, smart, and mighty team where your ideas and
This role offers the opportunity to learn about Canada’s innovative, yet complex health sciences industry and what it takes to go from discovery to breakthrough: from innovative ideas to hope and healing. This part-time opportunity (approx. 20 hours/week) is ideal for independent communicators looking for a new client or professionals who are looking for schedule and space flexibility.
- Messaging for target stakeholders including government, industry associations, investment community, translational centers, academic institutions, pharma, other ecosystem contributors like vendors
- Content Creation: media stories, website copy, marketing collateral, annual reports, thought leadership content, fact sheets, award submissions, and input into proposals and grants
- Media and influencer relations: proactively finding news flow opportunities for Accel-Rx, developing relationships and creating media tools
- Working in partnership with government or public relations strategist
- Supporting Accel-Rx's government relations efforts, both provincially and nationally, through government reports ad contribution to government proposals
- Managing sponsorship relationships
- Design and layout of collateral, fact sheets, annual reports, etc
- Measuring progress and engagement through Google analytics and other tools
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, public relations or related area
- 5+ years’ experience in communications in both print and digital formats
- Experience developing and executing communication plans
- Understanding of government relations, government-funded agencies and grant applications
- Strong writing skills with experience in a variety of genres including public relations materials, website, proposals, collateral etc.
- Proven media relations experience and ability to identify news stories
- A good eye for visual and design layout with knowledge of a graphic design program
- Tech-savvy with ability to use various apps and technology for web publishing, social media, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts
- Flexible, adaptable and comfort working with a small team and shifting priorities
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and to meet tight deadlines
- Understanding of health research and innovation, life-sciences, biotechnology industry an asset
grow with us
Tell us why you think you’re a good fit. Fill out the job application form below.